We are a membership organisation, and only members and their guests are able to attend our events. If you would like to meet us before you join the society, you can register on this site as a prospective member, which will establish a user name and password that you can use to log in and book to up to two events as a paying guest. Just click the events tab on the main menu, select current programme, and make a booking for the event of your choice. Register
Once you have registered, you can join the Society at any time. Join Now
What do I get as a member?
- A quarterly programme of London Branch events where you can enjoy good food, good wines and good friendships!
- Members are welcome to make contact with other branches in areas they are visiting
- Visits to vineyards, wineries and local food producers to learn their secrets
- Access to International Festivals, Great Weekends and other events – and also to trips organised by branches – open only to IWFS members
- Participation in inter-branch events
- Insurance cover for branch events (subject to eligibility, terms and conditions)
- Quarterly magazine “ Food and Wine” and specially commissioned Society Monographs
- Access to online publications and a range of merchandise
- IWFS Vintage Card, produced annually (doubles as membership card)
- Reduced-rate club facilities at the prestigious Navy & Military Club in St. James, London
What does it cost?
Annual membership of the IWFS currently costs £42 for Single membership or £58 for Joint membership ( two people at the same address). Young members (18-35) are at half these rates. The London Branch additionally charges £20 per annum (per household) to cover the postage, printing and administrative costs of our programme. London Branch members requiring overseas mailing of the programme pay an additional £5. Members of other IWFS Branches pay only the London Branch fee.
The Society’s membership year runs from January to December. If you join between 30th June and 31st October, the annual fees are halved. After 31st Oct you pay the full annual fee, but receive up to 14 months membership. It is a condition of membership that members agree to their personal data, together with subscription, booking and attendance records, being automatically processed and stored on the Society’s secure websites, for the established aims of the Society. They agree to receive postal and email communications from the Society.
You can pay by credit card or PayPal. You can also set up a direct debit, or pay by bank transfer to IWFS LB Allocations Account 53909708 sort code 09-01-52 .
Existing London Branch members wishing to renew their membership , please login and use the My Account tab on the main menu.