Wine Roads Leading to Rome
-A discovery of wines and grapes from Lazio, the heart of Italy.Date/Time
Date(s) - Thu 21st Jun, 2018
Following on from a very successful Italian wine tasting that we recently held, we have joined forces once again with Dolce Vita Wines, to present 6 wines from 3 Lazio wineries, all located around Rome: Cantina Sant’Andrea, cantina Gaffino and Marco Carpineti.
The tasting will be held in a private room at “Tasting Sicily, Enzo’s Kitchen” near Piccadilly Circus, who will be providing the antipasti during the tasting.
- Start with traditional method sparkling wine KIUS by Cantina Sant’Andrea (Bellone grape)
Move to 2 white wines:
- Oppidium Moscato di Terracina Cantina Sant’Andrea (grape Moscato di Terracina)
- Capolemole Lazio Bianco Marco Carpineti (Bellone Grape)
Then taste 2 red wines:
- Roma DOC Gaffino (DOC from 2011, Montepulciano, Sangiovese, Petite Verdot)
- Capolemole Lazio Rosso Marco Carpineti (Nero Buono and Montepulciano
- Finish with delicious desert wine Moscato di Terracina Passito Cantina Sant’Andrea (grape Moscato di Terracina)
Food: a selection of 4-5 antipasti will be served, each matching a different wine
Venue: Enzo Kitchen, 38 Panton St, London SW1Y 4EA
Time: 1845 for 1900
Mobility Rating: Flight of steps to the room upstairs
Nearest Tube: Piccadilly Circus
Dress: Smart Casual
Price p/person: £50.00 Members / Joint Members
Guests / Non Members: £55.00
Organiser: Peter Diamond: Tel 07802 444285
Bookings are closed for this event. Please contact the organiser for last-minute places.