A Satisfaction of Sweet Wines
A tasting of sweet wines without food, with supper afterwards.Date/Time
Date(s) - Thu 9th Feb, 2017
The Naval Club
Sweet wines usually leave people feeling mellow and contented. This eclectic collection has lumbered long enough in storage and demands to be tasted by those with discerning palates. First there is an extremely rare cryogenically produced wine by the pioneer of that technique in England, followed by classic Mosel and Loire wines from famous producers. The five Sauternes include four vintages of Rieussec going back 31 years. We finish with a glorious 6 putts Tokay Aszú.
- North Star, Eglantine Vineyard, 2001, A. and V. Skuriat, Costock, Nottinghamshire, 11.5%.
- Mystery wine, to be served blind. Commercial, single grape variety, from a very traditional wine area in the Northern Hemisphere, 18%.
- Joh. Jos. Prüm, Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese, 2005, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, 7.0%.
- Coteaux du Layon, Moulin Touchais, 1975, Loire.
- Du Toitskloof, Hanepoot Jerepigo, 2003, Western Cape, 15.5%.
- Château Suduiraut 1er Cru Classé, 2005, Sauternes, 13.5%.
- Château Rieussec 1er Grand Cru Classé, 2005, Fargues, Sauternes, 14%.
- Château Rieussec 1er Grand Cru Classé, 2003, Fargues, Sauternes, 14%.
- Château Rieussec 1er Grand Cru Classé, 1998, Fargues, Sauternes, 14%.
- Château Rieussec 1er Grand Cru Classé, 1986, Fargues, Sauternes, 14%.
- Disznôkö Tokaji Aszú 6 Puttonyos, 1999, Classified First Growth since 1732, 11.5%.
Brenda Lamb will provide a light meal afterwards, including puddings.
Venue: The Naval Club, 38 Hill Street, London, W1J 5NS.
Nearest tube: Green Park or Hyde Park.
Mobility rating: 5 (steep stairs).Time: 7.00 p.m.
Price: £59 members/joint members; guests £63.
Organiser: Bernard Lamb Tel. 020 8876 0505;
This event is over-subscribed. Please email email@example.com if you wish to join the waiting list.