A TASTING of RED RIOJA by Zoom
If you are an experienced in attending Zoom meetings, you will already know that it is easy to participate. If you are not, why not give it a try? Those we have held so far have been much enjoyed by those who attended.Date/Time
Date(s) - Thu 10th Sep, 2020
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We shall taste, compare and discuss three red Riojas from different years. Rioja is Spain’s most famous wine, made mainly from Tempranillo and Garnacha.
- Reserva wines have had at least one year in barrel and two in bottle.
- Gran Reserva wines are usually made in the best vintages, with two years in barrel and three in bottle.
These wines should all be available from your local Majestic. If you place an order for at least six wines with your local Majestic by telephone, they will deliver to you, and the wines will be at a discounted price (which is the price shown below). Alternatively or in addition, if you wish to bring along other Riojas, perhaps matching the year and Reserva/Gran Reserva status, please do!
- Beronia Reserva Rioja 2015 Majestic £15.99 (also from Waitrose £15.99)
- Beronia Gran Reserva Rioja 2011 Majestic £21.99
- Rioja Reserva ‘Selección Especial’ Viña Ardanza 2010 La Rioja Alta Majestic £24.99 (also from the Wine Society £22.50)
Suggestions for accompanying canapés include: pork, lamb, chorizo, hard cheese; food containing red peppers, chillies, garlic or saffron.
The tasting will be led by Rachel Burnett.
There is no charge for this event, but pre-registration is required. We look forward to hearing from you!
Near the date we will email you a link for you to join the meeting, and a tasting sheet.
Bookings are closed for this event. Please contact the organiser for last-minute places.