Enjoying Clarets for Everyday.
Something to look forward to early in the New Year!Date/Time
Date(s) - Thu 7th Jan, 2021
“The best way to taste and drink claret is to pull out the cork and lap it up.” Baron Elie de Rothschild
This tasting will be based around tasting and discussing three recent vintages for red Bordeaux, by looking at:
- Wines which are accessible – “lunchtime clarets”, i.e. modest red Bordeaux – rather than rock stars; and
- Developments during the last twenty years: Left Bank, Right Bank; relationships abroad; styles of wine; new permitted grapes; sustainability and climate change.
I’ve chosen wines from the current Majestic list to illustrate the following vintages:
- 2016 – Left Bank (e.g. Médoc, Cabernet Sauvignon predominant)
- 2015 – Right Bank (St Émilion or Pomerol)
- 2010 – either.
- 2016 Chateau Tour Bayard Montagne 2016 £13.99
2016 Château Méaume Bordeaux Supérieur £10.99
2016 Definition Claret £9.99
- 2015 Château Grand Faurie La Rose St-Emilion Grand Cru £18.99
2015 Chateau Marzy Pomerol2
- 2010 Chateau Caillou, Pomerol £32.97
2010 Château Citran ‘Moulin de Citran’, Haut-Médoc £16.99
I‘m suggesting 3 wines for this tasting, but if you place an order for at least six wines with your local Majestic by telephone, they will deliver to you, and the wines will be at a discounted price – the price shown above, which may change. I’ve given options, because as we enter the festive season, availability cannot be guaranteed. (Majestic may introduce others.)
if there is a problem getting the Majestic wines and you find something else, or you prefer to bring along different bottles anyway, please feel entirely free. If you do, and would like to email me in advance about your choice, please do!
You might wish to have something to nibble, like pâté or terrine, or hard cheese.
There is no charge for this event, but pre-registration is required.
The tasting will be led by me, Rachel Burnett firstname.lastname@example.org
Near the date we will email you a link for you to join the meeting, and a tasting sheet.
Bookings are closed for this event. Please contact the organiser for last-minute places.